Saturday, January 14, 2006

Jan. 13, 2006

To The Mayor and City Council:

Happy Friday the 13th ! I hope that if you are superstitious, your Friday has gone well. Unfortunately, if you are troubled by Friday the 13th, you will have to endure two of them this year. Last year, we only had one Friday the 13th. This year, we have this one today and a second one in October.

The continuation of our warmer than normal January was good news this week. Yesterday
actually broke a record in the city when the thermometer topped 50 degrees. I know it’s a welcomed relief from December when it was extremely cold with below normal temperatures and a lot of snow. We quickly used up a large amount of our salt supply for this year. With the above normal temperatures and lack of precipitation since before Christmas, the pressure has been eased on our salt supply. It looks like the above normal temperatures will continue for the next several days. Hopefully, this warmer weather will ease some utility bills since the last bills received by some residents were extremely high.

Since we have no Council Meeting or Workshop scheduled for next week, I have no Agenda to discuss, so this Newsletter will be quite short.

Items I’m enclosing with today’s Newsletter include an updated Riverwalk Plan that
Community Development Director Jackson Kinney spoke about at the Workshop last Tuesday evening. This is the plan that will be before the Plan Commission at their meeting next Tuesday evening. It will come before the City Council, for your consideration, at the January 24th Council Meeting.

I’m also enclosing the meeting notice for the January 18th Transit Advisory Board meeting, along with the 2006 Oshkosh Transit System Management Plan.

Insofar as minutes are concerned, I’m enclosing the following:
1. Minutes of the November 9th Landmarks Commission meeting.
2. Minutes of the December 14th Parking Utility Commission meeting.
3. Minutes of the December 20th Downtown BID Board meeting.
4. Minutes of the November 17th Redevelopment Authority meeting.
5. Minutes of the December 7th Special Redevelopment Authority meeting.

The last item I’m enclosing is the latest issue of The Wisconsin Taxpayer, which features an article on the migration of people in and out of our state.

Looking at my calendar for next week, on Monday, at 1:30 p.m., we’re having a meeting to discuss some issues regarding the Highway #41 improvement project. At 5:00 p.m., I will be attending the annual Martin Luther King Jr. dinner celebration as the community again comes together on the holiday to celebrate diversity in the community. The dinner is held on the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh campus.

On Tuesday morning, at 8:00 a.m., the Tax Incremental Financing District Board will be meeting.

On Wednesday morning, at 9:00 a.m., we will have our weekly staff meeting to discuss and plan the Agenda for the January 24th Council Meeting.

On Thursday afternoon, at 2:30 p.m., I will be taping The City Manager’s Report to discuss the Agenda for the January 24th Council Meeting. We would normally tape the show on Monday, the day before the Council Meeting, however, that day, the OCAT staff will be getting ready for the kick-off of their new WOCT radio station.

That looks like my week so far. I hope everyone has a great January weekend!

Respectfully submitted,

Richard A. Wollangk
City Manager
RAW/jdc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home