March 3, 2006
To The Mayor and City Council:
As I had mentioned in last week's Newsletter, I am out of the office on Thursday and Friday of this week to attend the Wisconsin City Management Association conference in Madison, so I'm actually dictating this on Wednesday afternoon.
As we move into the month of March, a hint of spring is just around the corner. In another three weeks, spring should officially begin. As we all know, in Wisconsin, that doesn't necessarily mean the end of winter because we could still get some snow!
Since we have no Council Meeting or Workshop scheduled for next week, I have no Agenda to discuss, so this Newsletter will be fairly short.
Items I'm enclosing with today's Newsletter include a meeting notice for Monday, March 6th, at 4:00 p.m., for a Focus Group. The School District has invited the City Council and city staff to participate and it includes a facilitator that they have hired to look at long range planning for their facilities. I spoke with a number of you before the meeting last Tuesday evening and the concensus was that Monday, March 6th, would work. The meeting will be held here at City Hall in Room 404.
I'm also enclosing a memorandum from Community Development Director Jackson Kinney
regarding the ongoing negotiations for the sale of land in the Marion Road/Pearl Avenue Redevelopment Area to the Five Rivers Resort. As you can see from Jackson's
memorandum, we will be placing a resolution on the March 14th Council Agenda to modify the term sheet that had previously been approved by the City Council. This is in line with the direction that you had given us at the February 14th Executive Session for the negotiations. If you have any questions regarding any of this, please feel free to contact Jackson or me.
The next item I'm enclosing is a copy of the presentation given by Principal Planner Susan Kepplinger at the Workshop that was held after the February 28th Council Meeting regarding the Near East Neighborhood Plan. This plan is also available on the city's website.
Insofar as minutes are concerned, I'm enclosing the following:
1. Minutes of the February 21st Plan Commission meeting.
2. Minutes of the February 22nd Board of Zoning Appeals meeting.
Weekly Newsletter
March 3, 2006
Page 2
I'm also enclosing an announcement from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation
regarding a public meeting that will be held next Tuesday, March 7th, from 4:00 p.m. to
6:00 p.m., regarding the plans for the expansion of Highway#41, from Highway #21 to the
Highway #41/#45 interchange. This is the meeting that was supposed to be held on
February 16th, but was postponed due to the snowstorm.
The last item I'm enclosing is the Annual Report of Trust Funds for the year ending
December 31, 2005. As you know, this is a report that Finance Director Ed Nokes prepares
every year regarding the status of our trust funds.
Looking at my schedule for next week, as mentioned earlier, on Monday afternoon, at 4:00
p.m., the Focus Group meeting with the Oshkosh Area School District will be held.
On Tuesday morning, at 7:30 a.m., I will be attending a meeting of the Community
Sounding Board at UW-Oshkosh. At 10:00 a.m., I plan on being at the supervisors meeting
for the city.
On Wednesday morning, at 9:00 a.m., we will be having our weekly staff meeting to discuss
and plan the Agenda for the March 14th Council Meeting.
On Thursday morning, at 7:30 a.m., I will be attending the West Side Association annual
meeting to discuss various projects affecting the west side of our community.
That looks like my so far. I hope everyone has a great and safe weekend!
Respectfully submitted,
Richard A. Wollangk
City Manager
RAW/jdc
As I had mentioned in last week's Newsletter, I am out of the office on Thursday and Friday of this week to attend the Wisconsin City Management Association conference in Madison, so I'm actually dictating this on Wednesday afternoon.
As we move into the month of March, a hint of spring is just around the corner. In another three weeks, spring should officially begin. As we all know, in Wisconsin, that doesn't necessarily mean the end of winter because we could still get some snow!
Since we have no Council Meeting or Workshop scheduled for next week, I have no Agenda to discuss, so this Newsletter will be fairly short.
Items I'm enclosing with today's Newsletter include a meeting notice for Monday, March 6th, at 4:00 p.m., for a Focus Group. The School District has invited the City Council and city staff to participate and it includes a facilitator that they have hired to look at long range planning for their facilities. I spoke with a number of you before the meeting last Tuesday evening and the concensus was that Monday, March 6th, would work. The meeting will be held here at City Hall in Room 404.
I'm also enclosing a memorandum from Community Development Director Jackson Kinney
regarding the ongoing negotiations for the sale of land in the Marion Road/Pearl Avenue Redevelopment Area to the Five Rivers Resort. As you can see from Jackson's
memorandum, we will be placing a resolution on the March 14th Council Agenda to modify the term sheet that had previously been approved by the City Council. This is in line with the direction that you had given us at the February 14th Executive Session for the negotiations. If you have any questions regarding any of this, please feel free to contact Jackson or me.
The next item I'm enclosing is a copy of the presentation given by Principal Planner Susan Kepplinger at the Workshop that was held after the February 28th Council Meeting regarding the Near East Neighborhood Plan. This plan is also available on the city's website.
Insofar as minutes are concerned, I'm enclosing the following:
1. Minutes of the February 21st Plan Commission meeting.
2. Minutes of the February 22nd Board of Zoning Appeals meeting.
Weekly Newsletter
March 3, 2006
Page 2
I'm also enclosing an announcement from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation
regarding a public meeting that will be held next Tuesday, March 7th, from 4:00 p.m. to
6:00 p.m., regarding the plans for the expansion of Highway#41, from Highway #21 to the
Highway #41/#45 interchange. This is the meeting that was supposed to be held on
February 16th, but was postponed due to the snowstorm.
The last item I'm enclosing is the Annual Report of Trust Funds for the year ending
December 31, 2005. As you know, this is a report that Finance Director Ed Nokes prepares
every year regarding the status of our trust funds.
Looking at my schedule for next week, as mentioned earlier, on Monday afternoon, at 4:00
p.m., the Focus Group meeting with the Oshkosh Area School District will be held.
On Tuesday morning, at 7:30 a.m., I will be attending a meeting of the Community
Sounding Board at UW-Oshkosh. At 10:00 a.m., I plan on being at the supervisors meeting
for the city.
On Wednesday morning, at 9:00 a.m., we will be having our weekly staff meeting to discuss
and plan the Agenda for the March 14th Council Meeting.
On Thursday morning, at 7:30 a.m., I will be attending the West Side Association annual
meeting to discuss various projects affecting the west side of our community.
That looks like my so far. I hope everyone has a great and safe weekend!
Respectfully submitted,
Richard A. Wollangk
City Manager
RAW/jdc

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home