January 27 Newsletter
To The Mayor and City Council:
As I had mentioned in last week’s Newsletter, I’m actually in Madison at an Alliance of Cities
meeting on Thursday and Friday of this week, so I am dictating this a little early. Another
factor is that my assistant, Jackie, is on vacation starting on Wednesday of this week, so she
was helping me out by typing part of this on Tuesday afternoon and I will be finishing it up on
Thursday morning before I leave for Madison.
Not to sound like a broken record, but we are still getting excellent cooperation from Mother
Nature with the exceptionally warm January temperatures to allow a number of outside
activities to be performed that we usually don’t have the opportunity to do in January. Our
Street Department has been busy performing a lot of clean-up work in the area of drainage
ditches and other outdoor activities when they’d usually be taking care of snow removal at this
time of year. We can only hope that this weather continues for another two months before it
warms up for the spring season. In reality, I’m sure we’ll get additional snow before spring
arrives!
Looking at the calendar, this is also the first time this year when we have a three week period
between Council Meetings as our next Council Meeting is not until February 14th. Therefore,
I have no Agenda to discuss, so this Newsletter will be quite short because we have very little
information to transmit to you this week.
Items I’m enclosing with today’s Newsletter include a notice of the ‘‘Fifth Tuesday Forum’’,
which Council Member Bain will be sponsoring next Monday evening at the Oshkosh Public
Library.
The next item I’m enclosing is a Public Information Meeting Notice for the near East
Neighborhood Plan that will be held next Tuesday evening at the Oshkosh Public Library. This
is the first meeting to explain the plan to make improvements to the neighborhood as outlined
as one of the highest priority items of the City’s recently adopted Comprehensive Plan. The
schedule for adoption of this neighborhood plan is to start with the neighborhood meetings
then staff would take it to the Plan Commission for review and then have a workshop with the
Council at the February 28th meeting with action scheduled for the first meeting in March.
Insofar as minutes are concerned, I am enclosing the following:
1. Minutes of the January 18th Transit Advisory Board meeting.
Weekly Newsletter
January 27, 2006
Page 2
The last item I’m enclosing is the first issue of a new newsletter that our Inspection Services
Division is going to be publishing quarterly to keep their customer base up to date on issues,
concerns and frequently asked questions. It will also be available on the City’s web site. My
congratulations to the division for an excellent first issue.
Looking at my calendar for next week, as already mentioned, Jackie is on vacation until next
Wednesday and I will also be out of the office on Monday and Tuesday for two days of vacation.
On Wednesday morning, at 9:00 a.m., we will have our weekly staff meeting to discuss various
issues and concerns. At 12:00 noon, I will be meeting with a local business to talk about
possible expansion plans. Wednesday afternoon, we will be meeting with the new owners of
the Park Plaza Hotel.
Don’t forget that the Titantic exhibit will open at our Public Museum on Saturday, February
4th. This is an exciting exhibit and I know our Museum is expecting a large turnout to view
this over the three months that it will be here in Oshkosh.
That looks like my week so far. I hope everyone has a very enjoyable weekend !
Respectfully submitted,
Richard A. Wollangk
City Manager
RAW/jdc
As I had mentioned in last week’s Newsletter, I’m actually in Madison at an Alliance of Cities
meeting on Thursday and Friday of this week, so I am dictating this a little early. Another
factor is that my assistant, Jackie, is on vacation starting on Wednesday of this week, so she
was helping me out by typing part of this on Tuesday afternoon and I will be finishing it up on
Thursday morning before I leave for Madison.
Not to sound like a broken record, but we are still getting excellent cooperation from Mother
Nature with the exceptionally warm January temperatures to allow a number of outside
activities to be performed that we usually don’t have the opportunity to do in January. Our
Street Department has been busy performing a lot of clean-up work in the area of drainage
ditches and other outdoor activities when they’d usually be taking care of snow removal at this
time of year. We can only hope that this weather continues for another two months before it
warms up for the spring season. In reality, I’m sure we’ll get additional snow before spring
arrives!
Looking at the calendar, this is also the first time this year when we have a three week period
between Council Meetings as our next Council Meeting is not until February 14th. Therefore,
I have no Agenda to discuss, so this Newsletter will be quite short because we have very little
information to transmit to you this week.
Items I’m enclosing with today’s Newsletter include a notice of the ‘‘Fifth Tuesday Forum’’,
which Council Member Bain will be sponsoring next Monday evening at the Oshkosh Public
Library.
The next item I’m enclosing is a Public Information Meeting Notice for the near East
Neighborhood Plan that will be held next Tuesday evening at the Oshkosh Public Library. This
is the first meeting to explain the plan to make improvements to the neighborhood as outlined
as one of the highest priority items of the City’s recently adopted Comprehensive Plan. The
schedule for adoption of this neighborhood plan is to start with the neighborhood meetings
then staff would take it to the Plan Commission for review and then have a workshop with the
Council at the February 28th meeting with action scheduled for the first meeting in March.
Insofar as minutes are concerned, I am enclosing the following:
1. Minutes of the January 18th Transit Advisory Board meeting.
Weekly Newsletter
January 27, 2006
Page 2
The last item I’m enclosing is the first issue of a new newsletter that our Inspection Services
Division is going to be publishing quarterly to keep their customer base up to date on issues,
concerns and frequently asked questions. It will also be available on the City’s web site. My
congratulations to the division for an excellent first issue.
Looking at my calendar for next week, as already mentioned, Jackie is on vacation until next
Wednesday and I will also be out of the office on Monday and Tuesday for two days of vacation.
On Wednesday morning, at 9:00 a.m., we will have our weekly staff meeting to discuss various
issues and concerns. At 12:00 noon, I will be meeting with a local business to talk about
possible expansion plans. Wednesday afternoon, we will be meeting with the new owners of
the Park Plaza Hotel.
Don’t forget that the Titantic exhibit will open at our Public Museum on Saturday, February
4th. This is an exciting exhibit and I know our Museum is expecting a large turnout to view
this over the three months that it will be here in Oshkosh.
That looks like my week so far. I hope everyone has a very enjoyable weekend !
Respectfully submitted,
Richard A. Wollangk
City Manager
RAW/jdc

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home