Feb. 17, 2006
W E E K L Y N E W S L E T T E R
February 17, 2006
To The Mayor and City Council:
I hope everyone survived the blizzard of 2006! Are you enjoying this bright, sunshine-filled Friday in Oshkosh? Looking out my window, it’s hard to believe we had a blizzard yesterday since I can still see the grass - only because the winds were so strong, it blew the snow right on by my window. The sunshine today is only a cruel hoax of nature as you only need to step outside and realize that we are now getting the winter temperatures that we usually have in January, not mid-February.
I am pleased to report that our crews did an excellent job in handling yesterday’s storm and at no time did we have a concern about the public not being able to navigate through the streets of Oshkosh. I know that a number of other communities pulled their plows off early due to the blizzard conditions. It certainly was a media event as I was contacted no less than four times by local media sources, asking questions about the storm. It now looks like we may be covered until later next week when some more precipitation is predicted in our area.
Since we have no Council Meeting or Workshop scheduled for next week, I have no Agenda to discuss, so this Newsletter will be very short. I am enclosing a notice of the Special Meeting for tomorrow, Saturday, February 18th, at 2:30 p.m., to discuss the City Manager. This, of course, is to replace the Executive Session that had been scheduled last Tuesday evening due to the lateness of the first Executive Session.
Other items I’m enclosing with today’s Newsletter include a memorandum from Community Development Director Jackson Kinney regarding the agreement between the State of Wisconsin and the owners of the Pioneer Resort and Marina property. As we all know, this has been a long time coming and I’m very pleased that the city was able to play a part in getting this agreement completed. As our part of the development, we will be asked to enter into a settlement agreement with the state and Decades to accomplish the proposed riverwalk improvements around their property. This will enable the condo/hotel development to move ahead. We are certainly looking forward to the construction of this on the site of the former Pioneer Inn property. If you have any questions regarding any of this information, please feel free to contact Jackson or me. We will have the stipulation agreement on the Council Agenda at the February 28th Council Meeting.
The next item I’m enclosing is another memorandum from Community Development Director Jackson Kinney that contains two memoranda from Inspection Services Director Allyn Dannhoff regarding some items that we will bring before you in March. These are some proposed amendments to our codes, along with proposed fee increases for our various licenses.
If you have any questions on any of this information, please feel free to contact Jackson or me.
Insofar as minutes are concerned, I’m enclosing the following:
1. Minutes of the February 7th Plan Commission meeting.
2. Minutes of the February 8th Board of Zoning Appeals meeting.
3. Minutes of the January 17th Downtown BID Board meeting.
4. Minutes of the December 21st Board of Health meeting.
5. Minutes of the January 30th Housing Authority meeting.
The last item I’m enclosing is the annual summary of the occurrence of reportable,
communicable diseases during 2005 for our city Health Department.
Looking at my calendar for next week, I plan on being out of the office on Monday for a day of vacation.
On Tuesday morning, at 8:00 a.m., I’ll be welcoming the Fox/Wolf Watershed Alliance 2006 Storm Water Conference to our city. Tuesday afternoon, I’ll be attending a meeting of our Health and Wellness Committee.
On Wednesday morning, at 9:00 a.m., we will have our weekly staff meeting to plan the Agenda for the February 28th Council Meeting.
On Thursday morning, at 7:30 a.m., the monthly meeting of the Chamco Board of Directors
is scheduled.
That looks like my week so far. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay warm!
Respectfully submitted,
Richard A. Wollangk
City Manager
RAW/jdc
February 17, 2006
To The Mayor and City Council:
I hope everyone survived the blizzard of 2006! Are you enjoying this bright, sunshine-filled Friday in Oshkosh? Looking out my window, it’s hard to believe we had a blizzard yesterday since I can still see the grass - only because the winds were so strong, it blew the snow right on by my window. The sunshine today is only a cruel hoax of nature as you only need to step outside and realize that we are now getting the winter temperatures that we usually have in January, not mid-February.
I am pleased to report that our crews did an excellent job in handling yesterday’s storm and at no time did we have a concern about the public not being able to navigate through the streets of Oshkosh. I know that a number of other communities pulled their plows off early due to the blizzard conditions. It certainly was a media event as I was contacted no less than four times by local media sources, asking questions about the storm. It now looks like we may be covered until later next week when some more precipitation is predicted in our area.
Since we have no Council Meeting or Workshop scheduled for next week, I have no Agenda to discuss, so this Newsletter will be very short. I am enclosing a notice of the Special Meeting for tomorrow, Saturday, February 18th, at 2:30 p.m., to discuss the City Manager. This, of course, is to replace the Executive Session that had been scheduled last Tuesday evening due to the lateness of the first Executive Session.
Other items I’m enclosing with today’s Newsletter include a memorandum from Community Development Director Jackson Kinney regarding the agreement between the State of Wisconsin and the owners of the Pioneer Resort and Marina property. As we all know, this has been a long time coming and I’m very pleased that the city was able to play a part in getting this agreement completed. As our part of the development, we will be asked to enter into a settlement agreement with the state and Decades to accomplish the proposed riverwalk improvements around their property. This will enable the condo/hotel development to move ahead. We are certainly looking forward to the construction of this on the site of the former Pioneer Inn property. If you have any questions regarding any of this information, please feel free to contact Jackson or me. We will have the stipulation agreement on the Council Agenda at the February 28th Council Meeting.
The next item I’m enclosing is another memorandum from Community Development Director Jackson Kinney that contains two memoranda from Inspection Services Director Allyn Dannhoff regarding some items that we will bring before you in March. These are some proposed amendments to our codes, along with proposed fee increases for our various licenses.
If you have any questions on any of this information, please feel free to contact Jackson or me.
Insofar as minutes are concerned, I’m enclosing the following:
1. Minutes of the February 7th Plan Commission meeting.
2. Minutes of the February 8th Board of Zoning Appeals meeting.
3. Minutes of the January 17th Downtown BID Board meeting.
4. Minutes of the December 21st Board of Health meeting.
5. Minutes of the January 30th Housing Authority meeting.
The last item I’m enclosing is the annual summary of the occurrence of reportable,
communicable diseases during 2005 for our city Health Department.
Looking at my calendar for next week, I plan on being out of the office on Monday for a day of vacation.
On Tuesday morning, at 8:00 a.m., I’ll be welcoming the Fox/Wolf Watershed Alliance 2006 Storm Water Conference to our city. Tuesday afternoon, I’ll be attending a meeting of our Health and Wellness Committee.
On Wednesday morning, at 9:00 a.m., we will have our weekly staff meeting to plan the Agenda for the February 28th Council Meeting.
On Thursday morning, at 7:30 a.m., the monthly meeting of the Chamco Board of Directors
is scheduled.
That looks like my week so far. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay warm!
Respectfully submitted,
Richard A. Wollangk
City Manager
RAW/jdc

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home